Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a day...

So this I suppose is the first official blog about my morning. A lot of interesting things have gone on today. This morning I was really really tired when I got to work, so I decided to take a little nap in my truck, like twenty minutes or so. One of my many bosses who works at another sonic and watches me on camera all day called me and said "Are you going to open the store?!". Ha ha, I told him I was just on my way in. Normally I get to work around 5, but it only takes me about twenty minutes to set everything up. So I go in, and open the store. When Mary got to work this morning, we were really slow, so basically we just did prep work for about an hour or so. I cleaned out the whole fountain station and rearranged everything, I do this about three times a week seeing as how my employees don't know how to keep things neat and tidy, or stocked up for that matter. A lot of what I do is cleaning up after other peoples messes. Catching up on paperwork usually takes about twenty minutes or so. A little later on after the breakfast rush (which isn't much on Saturdays) I had a bright idea. We have this helium tank to fill balloons up in the corner, so I thought it would be brilliant to make my cook suck up some helium and talk to me. She had never done this before. Picture this: 5 foot Filipino girl, sucking helium for the first time. That girl was so hilarious, I took a video of it on my Verizon voyager phone *so cool!*. Then we both thought "what if we take orders talking like this?". I took about four orders with a helium induced high squeaky voice, and you know what? Most of the customers had little to know reaction! I thought it would be great but it was somewhat of a failure. Although I did get a slight cackle from the first lady I tried it on. It gave me and Mary alot to laugh about. Around ten o'clock this morning this guy came up on the patio to order some food and warned me about a parade coming right on the highway! I had no idea there was going to be a parade, and block the entrance to my store. Nevertheless Mary and I decided to go outside and watch it. It turned out to be one of the strangest parades I have ever seen! All kinds of crazy little Shriner's, in crazy little cars, doing weird things. The coolest thing I think I saw was about fifteen motorcycles doing figure eights all up and down the highway, almost hitting each other on multiple occasions. Also there was a little beetle car that looked like Herbie, with hydraulics! That was pretty neat. Totally random entertainment this morning, that's how I like them. While the parade was going on I was supposed to be at the bank getting receipts from cash drops to turn in to my boss by twelve, however that was not possible so I had to do it late today. When I was gone called to see if anyone needed anything. BIG MISTAKE, everyone needed something, I spent like twenty minutes in CVS looking for every specific request. Lets see if i remember...3 cans of Crunk Juice (energy drinks), 2 packs of Marlboro Lights, 1 pack of Camel Menthol's, one thing of personal hand sanitizer, a Butterfinger, a bag of Skittles, and a few other things. When I got back trying to tell people how much they owe me, and them not understanding because they are all dimwits was quite amusing. I was like "OKAY, you got a candy bar and a pack of cigarettes, you owe me $4.15, they would be like, how do you get that?....urrggg. Like I said, dimwits. Well then, Now I am at home in my Comfy chair and I have tomorrow off! yay!!! I work six days a week so Sunday really is my Sabbath day. Its the one day I get to sleep past four in the morning, even though I still wake up at 7 or 8.
Until Monday......
*SonicGirl*

1 comment:

Booya said...

This is a pretty cool idea. I have a feeling that you will have some interesting customer stories.